You will never know who can fall in love with your smile

Tuesday 16 December 2008

A lie painful.

Mr Collins, a cousin of Lizzie, comes to town in hopes of finding a wife. Has the right to possess everything that has the Bennet family. He wants to marry Jane, but she is already promised, however the mother tells that he could choose Lizzie, which is a good alternative.
In Merinton, Lizzie meets Wichkam, a lieutenant.
On the way to home, they encounter Bingley and Darcy, Darcy is riding the horse, when he sees that Wichkam accompanying them. Wichkam deceives Lizzie, he tells a story of Mr Darcy, that is a lie.


Wickham: I have been connected with his family in a particular manner from my infancy. You may well be surprised, Miss Bennet, at such an assertion, after seeing, as you probably might, the very cold manner of our meeting yesterday. Are you much acquainted with Mr. Darcy?

Lizzie: As much as I ever wish to be, I have spent four days in the same house with him, and I think him very disagreeable. I hope your plans in favour of the - - shire will not be affected by his being in the neighbourhood.

Wickham: Oh! no - it is not for me to be driven away by Mr. Darcy. If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go. It is impossible for me to be impartial. But I believe your opinion of him would in general astonish. I could forgive him any thing and every thing, rather than his disappointing the hopes and disgracing the memory of his father.

Lizzie: Ineed!

Wickham: Yes. A military life is not what I was intended for, but circumstances have now made it eligible. The church ought to have been my profession - I was brought up for the church, and I should at this time have been in possession of a most valuable living, had it pleased the gentleman we were speaking of just now.

Lizzie: Good heavens! but how could that be?, How could his will be disregarded? what can have induced him to behave so cruelly?

Wickham: A thorough, determined dislike of me - a dislike which I cannot but attribute in some measure to jealousy.

R]*

No comments:

Post a Comment